Is a mold inspection necessary?
All homes have mold — even yours. Mold inspections are important to keep spores in check and under control to maintain a safe, healthy living space. Mold inspections are actually most effective in homes with no visible mold, as it allows inspectors to catch spores before they grow and begin damaging your home. If the mold is already visible, the window of opportunity for remediation has probably passed. While mold inspections aren't required by law, they're recommended to every homeowner.
Signs you may have mold in your house
- Water damage. Mold thrives in warm, damp environments. Any long-term water damage (like those resulting from a flood) puts your home at risk for mold growth.
- Leaks. If you notice bubbling or cracking on your walls, there’s a good chance your home has a leak. This allows the mold to grow completely unseen, and is can only be detected with a mold inspection.
- Strange odor. If your home has a persistent, wet odor, you may have a mold problem.
- Illness. Many types of mold cause irritation and allergic reactions. If you’re experiencing problems with your lungs, eyes, throat or nose, there’s a high likelihood of exposure to mold.
- High humidity. Homes in high-humidity areas (like SE Wisconsin in summer) have a drastically higher risk of mold infestation.
Top mold inspectors in the Milwaukee area: Our process
The mold inspections from Good Land provide a thorough service to Milwaukee-area homeowners. After a comprehensive examination of your home, we’ll provide a thorough mold inspection report detailing our findings, including what we found, where and recommended next steps. The mold inspection process with Good Land is quick and professional, with a report available within 24 hours of your inspection. Tack on a mold inspection in addition to a general home inspection, or request an independent appointment to focus on your mold-related concerns. Contact us for a quote on mold inspection services, or to discuss your options.
Not sure if you need a mold inspection? CONTACT US to discuss your concerns with Milwaukee’s mold inspection experts.